U.P.S.C. Exams – Union Public Service Commission is of the many constitutional body in India. It is authorized to conduct examinations for appointment to various civil services of the Union Government. Every year, UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam Papers for recruitment to the Indian Civil Service, which serve as the backbone of Indian governmental machinery. The Indian Civil Service involves a variety of jobs in different departments such as IAS, IFS, IPS and other allied services. Besides most coveted Civil Service Exam the Commission usually conducts over a dozen other exams every year on all India basis. These include Examinations for recruitment to services/posts in various fields, such as Engineering, Medical and Forest Service, etc. At present the Union Public Service Commission conduct exams at numerous venues spread over 42 regular centres throughout the country.
U.P.S.C. Exams Eligibility Criteria: –
- Nationality – For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limits – A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August of respective year of examination.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications – The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Number of attempts – Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.
- Restrictions on applying for the examination – A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.
- Physical Standards – Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination. 2005 as per guidelines given in Appendix-III of Rules for Examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 4th December, 2004.
UPSC Exams Application Details: –
The application form is common for all the examinations but the eligibility conditions and other details of UPSC Exam may vary. Also, one has to submit separate forms if he/she wants to appear in more than one examination. Notifications of the UPSC Examination are published every year in the month of December in the Employment News and other leading newspapers of India. Application Forms along with the information brochure can be obtained from the designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices throughout the country. For taking the Civil Service Exam, Candidates are required to send the duly filled in Application Forms with the acknowledgment card
UPSC Exams Pattern: –
- Preliminary Examination for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
- Main Examination (Written) for the selection of candidates for interview for a Personality Test.
- Interview (Personality Test)