Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam – Staff Selection Commission holds Junior Translator (CSOL Exam) exam for recruitment to the post of Junior Translators (CSOL) a Group B posts (Non-Gazetted Ministerial) in various Offices/ Departments under Department of Official Language all over country. It is a type of Staff Selection Exam which leads to a candidates employment as a Junior Translator.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification: –
♦ For appearing in this Translator Exam, a candidate needs to have a Master Degree or equivalent in Hindi or English with English and Hindi as compulsory or elective subject or medium of examination at degree level OR
♦ Master Degree or equivalent in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi or English Medium and English or Hindi as compulsory or electives subjects at degree level OR
♦ Master Degree or equivalent in any subject other than Hindi or English with Hindi and English as a compulsory or elective subject or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level and recognized diploma or certificate course in Translation from Hindi to English and vice-versa OR
♦ 2 years experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice-versa in Central or State Government Offices including Govt. of India Undertakings.
2. Age: Aspiring candidates should be less than 30 years age.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Pattern:
SSC Junior Translator exam consist of two parts:
Part-I: – (Written Examination carrying 400 marks) It will consists of two papers of 2 hours duration each carrying 200 marks each
|Subject||No of Questgions||Marks||Time|
|Translation||2 passages (1 each from Hindi to English & vice versa)|
|Essays||Two (1 each in Hindi & English)|
Part-II (Personality Test/Interview carrying 100 marks): –
The interview/personality test is structured in such a manner that the candidates’ interests, knowledge, various traits, aptitude, suitability etc. are probed among other things, through academic qualifications, experience, extra-curricular activities, general awareness/knowledge, depth of knowledge of the subjects studied (10+2 onwards), communicative skills and over-all personality etc.
Important:Candidates called for interview/personality test by Staff Selection of India, have the option to converse either in Hindi or English language during the interview process.
- All the candidates have to appear in both the papers mentioned above.
- Answer Scripts for Paper II will be evaluated of only those candidates who attain a minimum qualifying standard in Paper-I as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion.
- Only those candidates who attain minimum qualifying standard in Part-I of the Examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, will be eligible to be called for Personality Test/Interview.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Syllabus:
Paper-I a) General Hindi b) General English Questions in this component will be designed to test the Candidate’s understanding and knowledge of Hindi & English Languages and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc.), vocabulary, spellings, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, correct use of words, phrases and idioms, ability to write language correctly, precisely and effectively.
Paper-II Translation and Essay (Conventional type)
This Paper will contain two passages for translation- one passage for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi & English which will test the candidates’ translation skills and their ability to write the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Dates:
Junior Translator exam is normally held in the month of Nov-Dec.
How to apply for Junior Translator Exam?
Aspiring candidates can apply by submitting the applications only in the prescribed format ( Annexure-I ). The Commission uses standard application form for all its examinations. Therefore it is prudent for the candidates to go through the instructions given in the Notice of Examination.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Fee and mode of payment Fee : Rs.100/- in the form of Central Recruitment Fee Stamps available at Post Office. No fee for SC/ST/PH and Ex-servicemen candidates.
Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Test Centres: –
Centre of Examination and Address to which Applications should be sent :
1. Delhi (121), Jaipur (170), Dehradun (148) : Regional Director (NR) SSC, 5th Floor, Block No.12 CGO Complex Lodhi Raod New Delhi-110504
2. Hyderabad (603), Vishakhapatnam (608), Chennai (671), Madurai (685) Regional Director (SR) SSC, E.V.K. Sampath Building College Raod, Chennai-600006
3. Kolkata (301), Port Blair (341), Gangatok (381), Bhubaneswar (360), Ranchi (370) Regional Director (ER) SSC, 1st MSO Building 8th Floor, Nizam Palace 234/4, AJC Bose Road Kolkata-700020
4. Mumbai (501), Nagpur (515), Panji (531), Ahmedabad (551) Regional Director (WR) SSC, Army & Navy Building 1st Floor, South Wing Pratishtha Bhawan Old CGO Complex 101, M.K. Road Mumbai-400020
5. Allahabad (241), Patna (201), Lucknow (264) Regional Director (CR), SSC, 8-AB, Beli Raod, Allahabad-211002
6. Guwahati (Dispur) (421), Itanagar (401), Imphal (441), Shillong (451), Aizwal (461), Kohima (475), Agartala (481) Regional Director (NER) SSC, Rukmini Nagar P.O. Assam Sachivalaya Guwahati-781006
7. Bangalore (621), Thiruvananthapuram (645), Kochi (656) Regional Director (KKR), SSC 1st Floor 2nd Block ‘E’ Wing, Kendriya Sadan Koramangala Bangalore-560034
8. Raipur (229), Bhopal (221) Dy. Director (MPR), SSC Nishant Villa F.Jalvihar Colony Raipur-492001
9. Chandigarh (151), Shimla (101), Jammu (113), Srinagar (116)
Regional Director Kandriya Bhawan Sector 9 Chandigarh.
Questions related to Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam:
- Eligibility for Junior Translator Exam?
- Maximum age limit for SSS Junior Translator Exam?
- Procedure to apply for SSC Junior Translator Exam?
- Junior Translator Exam question papers?
- Books for Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam Preparation?