CPO (S.I) – Central Police organisation (Sub-Inspectors) Exam acronym as CPO(S.I) is conducted by SSC on National level to fill required number of candidates to the post of Sub Inspectors in various Central Government Police Organisations like CRPF, ITBP, CBI, SSB, CISF, BSF and SI in Delhi Police etc. Due to its National level approach this test is taken by a large number of aspirants who wants to join these organisations on the priority basis.
SSC CPO (S.I) Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and equivalent. Candidate who has appeared in the final year of degree exam and is awaiting the result is also eligible to take the exam. 2. Age Aspiring candidats should be between 20 years to 25 years of age. 3. Nationality Indian
- Physical Standards
For Male Candidates:
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165cm||80cm||85cm|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5cm||77cm||82cm|
For Female Candidates
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.||155cm|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154cm|
SSC CPO (S.I) Exam Syllabus:
SSC CPO SI Written examination consists of:
a. General Studies a. General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non verbal type. The test will include questions on analogies, similarities, and differences, space visualization problem solving analysis judgment, decision making visual memory discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning verbal and figure classification arithmetical number series non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidates’ ability to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
b. General Knowledge and General Awareness Questions will be aimed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, economic scene, General polity and scientific research.
c. Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and relationship between numbers, decimals and fractions, and relationships between numbers, It will test sense of order of magnitude, estimation or prediction for the solution to real life problems and knowledge of alternative computation procedure to find answers.
- English Comprehension
Paper II English language and Comprehension The candidates will be mainly tested in:
- Simple and plain use of English Language and clarity of expression.
- Effective Communication skill in English with due economy of words.
SSC CPO (S.I) Exam Pattern:
The SSC CPO SI written exam consists of two papers:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||2 Hrs
10:00am to 12:00pm
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration and Timing|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hrs. 2:00pm to 4:00pm|
Note:- Paper-II is evaluated for only those candidates who qualify in Paper- I (Objective type paper).
Physical Endurance Test
After clearing Written Test Candidates need to clear Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (PET) consisting of following components: For Male candidates.
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds.
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes.
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances.
- Shot put ( 16 Lbs ) : 4.5 metres in 3 chances.
For Female Candidates
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds.
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes.
- Long Jump : 2.7 metres ( 9 feet ) in 3 chances.
- High Jump : 0.9 metres ( 3 feet ) in 3 chances.
PTE is followed by the last step ie Personality Test/Interview.
How to apply for SSC CPO Exam?
Aspiring candidates can apply for SSC CPO Exam by visiting the official website sss.nmic.in and following the instructions given there.
SSC CPO (SI) Exam Dates SSC (S.I) Exam is normally held in the month of May.
SSC CPO (SI) Exam Fee General/OBC candidates have to pay Rs.100 as exam fee whereas female and SC/ST candidates are exempted from the fee.
The fee can be deposited in the form of CRF stamp in case of off-line submission or through SBI Challan or it can be online payment through State Bank of India.
SSC CPO (SI) Exam Test Centres Most of the major cities of the country are made the test centers for SSC CPO SI Exam.
Questions related to Central Police Organisations (S.I) Exam
- What is the minimum age for SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- What is the maximum age limit to appear in SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- What is the minimum qualification to take SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- What is the syllabus of SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- What is the pattern of SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- What is SSC CPO Physical Test?
- What is the eligibility to appear in SSC CPO (S.I) Exam?
- How to get SSC CPO (S.I) sample papers and previous year question paper?