SSC CHSLE – Staff Selection Commision Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam is taken by Staff Selection Commission on All India basis. Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) level examination is taken every year for the recruitment of:
Data Entry Operators in Pay Band 1, Grade pay Rs.2400 in the Ministry of Agriculture and Comptroller and Auditor General of India and Grade Pay Rs.1900 for O/o the Controller General patents, Designs and Trade Marks, Mumbai and
Lower Division Clerks in Pay Band 1, Grade pay Rs.1900 in various ministries.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary level Exam Eligibility/ Eligibility Conditions:
1. Educational Qualification:
Aspiring candidates should be 12th Standard pass or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized Board or equivalent.
2. Age The candidates should be between the age group of 18 years to 27 years for various posts mentioned above. However age may vary a couple of years for different posts.
For Permissible relaxation of Upper age limit for various categories
- A citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African, Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Pattern:
Combined Higher Secondary level Exam consists of written examination and skill test on Computer for the post of Data Entry Operator and Typing Test for the post of LDC.
The written examination will consist of one objective type paper as shown below :
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration and Timming for General Candidates||Duration and Timming For Visually Handicap Candidates|
|General Intelligence (50 questions)||50||
10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
2 Hours 20 mins
10.00 A.M. to 12.20 PM
|English Language (Basic Knowledge) (50 questions)||50|
|Numerical Aptitude (Arithmetic Skill) (50 questions)||50|
|General Awareness (50 questions)||50|
Note I : The Paper will consist of Objective Type-Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi.
Note II : There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus of Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam ss as follows:
- General Intelligence
- English Language
- Numerical Aptitude
- General Awareness
For Detailed Syllabus of Combined Higher Secondary Level:
(B) Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of all the key depressions in computer as per the given text passage and the duration of the said Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed passage of running text matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature. Candidates allowed to take this test, will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.
Only those candidates, who qualify in the written part of examination and secure minimum qualifying marks as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion, will be eligible to take the Skill Test, i.e. Part-II of the examination.
Only such candidates as qualify in the Skill Test at a speed of not less than 8000 key depressions per hour will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as per their position in the merit list.
None of the candidates including PH candidates who qualify in the written part of the examination will be exempted from the Skill Test as passing of the skill test is precondition and one of the essential qualifications for appointment to the post of Data Entry Operator.
Note: Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, will be called for skill test.
How to apply for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
Candidates may send/submit application in the prescribed format to the concerned regional office of ssc as mentioned in The list of Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Test Centres OR apply on line.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Fee:
combined Higher Secondary level exam fee is Rs.100 only that too is exempted for female candidates and other candidates belonging to reserved categories as per government norms.
Mode of payment of Fee:
For the candidates submitting Paper Application:
The candidates submitting Paper application should pay the fee by means of “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps(CRFS)”only .
CRFS are available at the counter of all Departmental Post Offices of the country. Recruitment Fee Stamps should be pasted on the application form in the space earmarked for the purpose and got cancelled from the Counter of Post Office of issue with the date stamp of the Issuing Post Office in such a manner that the impression or the cancellation stamp partially overflows on the Application Form itself, taking care at the same time that the impression is clear and distinct to facilitate the 8 identification of date and Post Office of issue at any subsequent stage. After getting the Recruitment Fee Stamps cancelled from the Post Office, the candidate must submit their application to the concerned Regional Office/Sub Regional Offices of the Commission in the usual manner after completing other formalities.
For the candidates submitting their applications On-line:
The candidates submitting their applications on-line should pay the requisite fee only through State Bank of India in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking.
Note: Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe Physically Handicapped and Ex Service man eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fee paid by modes other than CRFS for off-line applications and through SBI as indicated above in case of online application will not be accepted and the applications of such candidates will be rejected forthright and the payment made shall stand forfeited. Candidates submitting their application online shall make their payment through the State Bank of India as per instructions
- Candidates may please note that non-cancellation of stamps from the concerned Post Office in the manner indicated above, will lead to rejection of his/her application form. Therefore, it is in the interest of candidates that they get the CRFS cancelled from the concerned Post Office.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Dates Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam normally held in the month of Nov-Dec.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Test Centres:
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam is held in most of the important cities of India. For complete list of Examination centres with their code and address to which the application should be sent according to the choice of centre.
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam Contact Details:
Candidates can contact at following given phone number for any kind of enquiry regarding CHSL Exam Application Form.
Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications, if any, in respect of
filling/submitting applications :
(i) SSC(NR), New Delhi – 01164715222, 01165021888,01124363343,01124360840
(ii) SSC(CR), Allahabad – 05322460511, 05326541021
(iii) SSC(SR), Chennai – 09445195946, 04428251139
(iv) SSC(WR), Mumbai – 09869730700, 07738422705
(v) SSC(ER), Kolkata – 09477461228, 09477461229
(vi) SSC(MPR) Raipur – 09407921504, 09407921505
(vii) SSC(KKR), Bangalore – 08025502520, 09483862020
(viii) SSC(NWR), Chandigarh – 09915509204, 09915509331
(ix) SSC(NER), Guwahati, – 09207053500, 09707679564
Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications, if any, in respect of filling/submitting applications :
- SSC(NR), New Delhi – 01164715222, 01165021888, 01124363343, 01124360840
- SSC(CR), Allahabad – 05322460511, 05326541021
- SSC(SR), Chennai – 09445195946, 04428251139
- SSC (WR), Mumbai – 09869730700, 07738422705
- SSC(ER), Kolkata – 09477461228, 09477461229
- SSC(MPR) Raipur – 09407921504, 09407921505
- SSC(KKR), Bangalore – 08025502520, 09483862020
- SSC(NWR), Chandigarh – 09915509204, 09915509331
- SSC(NER), Guwahati, – 09207053500, 09707679564
Questions related to Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam
- Eligibility for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
- Minimum age for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
- Maximum age for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
- Syllabus for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
- Procedure to apply for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?
- Books to prepare for Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam?