SBI Specialist Officer Exam – State Bank of India Specialist Officer Exam acronym as SBI Specialist officer exam is conducted by SBI for appoint of various posts of Specialist Officer in the banks of SBI group.
Name of the Posts:
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Manager
- Manager (Chartered Accountant)
- Manager (Official Language)
- Deputy Manager (Security)
- Deputy Manager (Law)
- Deputy Manager (Civil Engineering)
- Deputy Manager (Electrical Engineering)
- Deputy Manager (Fire)
- Assistant Manager (System)
- Assistant Manager (Civil Engineering)
- Assistant Manager (Electrical Engineering)
- Assistant Manager (Chartered Accountant)
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Eligibility:
- Aspiring candidates should possess B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Information Technology/ Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communications/ Electronics & Instrumentation for Post No. 10.
- A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution with 60% marks for post no. 11, Qualified Chartered Accountants for Post No. 13.
- An officer with minimum 5 years commissioned service in Army/ Navy/ Air Force for Post No. 05.
However candidats are adviced to go through the official notification for post wise qualification details.
Candidates age should be 45 years for post no. 01, between 21 to 35 years for Post No. 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 & 13, 38 years for post no. 03, 33 years for post no. 08, 30 years for post no. 10, 11 & 12 as on 01-04-2016. Age relaxation will be applicable as per government rules.
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Syllabus:
SBI Specialist Officer Exam consists of question from the following subjects:
- English Language
- Reasoning and/or
- Quantitative Aptitude in addition to Professional Knowledge.
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Pattern:
SBI Specialist Officer Exam consists of Objective Multiple Choice type of questions from the relevent subjects.
Note: There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Selection Process:
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of either (i) Examination (test) and interviews or (ii) shortlisting and interview.
- Test will be held on-line. Wherever there will be no test, short-listing and interviews will be held.
- Where number of applications is less, Bank reserves the right to consider selection of the candidate(s) through shortlisting and interview, instead of test & interview.
- The test will be of test of English Language, Reasoning and/or Quantitative Aptitude in addition to Professional Knowledge.
- Except Professional Knowledge (PK) paper, other papers will be of qualifying in nature. Candidates have to score minimum qualifying marks in these papers. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank. The questions will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi & English. The candidates will have option to answer the questions in Hindi or English (except for test of English Language).
- To be eligible for being short-listed for interview, candidate have to score equal to or above the Cut-off marks to be decided by the Bank for the PK test, besides scoring equal to or above the Minimum qualifying marks in other tests.
- Candidates must secure equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks (to be decided by the Bank) in interview to be considered for selection. In the interview, the candidate can opt for Hindi also.
- Merit List for selection will be prepared in descending order on the basis of scores obtained in PK test and interview or interview only, as the case may be.
- In case more than one candidate score the cut off marks [common mark at cut off point], such candidates will be ranked according to their age in descending order, both in the select list as well as in the wait list.
How to Apply for SBI Specialist Officers Exam?
Candidates are advised to apply for only one post. The applications of candidates applying for more than one post and multiple applications for a single post will be summarily rejected.
Aspiring candidates can apply Online only within the specified dates and no other mode of application will be accepted.
Guidelines for Filling Online Application:
Candidates will be required to register themselves online first through Bank’s website or www.statebankofindia.com, www.sbi.co.in. After which candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through one of the following modes:
- The system will generate a cash voucher/ challan form pre-printed with the candidate’s details which Offline mode will be required to be presented at any State Bank of India branch counter with the requisite fee. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan form, registration of the online application will be complete.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking. Online mode
Pre-requisites for Applying Online:
Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by email.
Option-I : Payment of Fee (Offline):
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website or and open the appropriate Online www.statebankofindia.com www.sbi.co.in Application Format, available in the ‘Recruitment link’.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data. In the event of candidate not able to fill the data in one go, he can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the registration number and password. They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data and take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change/ edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- Fee Payment: Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of State Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee is paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after three working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
- Three days after fee payment, candidates will also have a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details. The printout of the application form and fee receipt should be retained with the candidate. It will have to be submitted at the time of interview, if called for.
Option – II : Payment of Fees: [Online]:
- I. Follow Steps i) to iii) Given under Option-I Above. No fee payment challan will be generated. Fee payment will have to made online through payment gateway available thereat.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form with the date entered by the candidate will be generated; which may be printed for record.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
- There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
Note: The printout of the application form is not to be sent to the Bank.
Guidelines For Scanning Photograph and Signature:
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph andsignature as per the specifications. Your online application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified.
Point To Be Noted:
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate’s application may be rejected.
- In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his application and re-upload his photograph or signature.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms after submitting.
- On-line registration of application & fee payment will be available from ________to __________. Last date for cash deposit will be ________for offline registration.
SBI Specialist Officers Exam Fee:
Fee for SBI Specialist Officers Exam will be as follows:
- SC/ST/PWD 100/- (Intimation charges only)
- All others 600/- (App. Fee and intimation charges)
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Contact Details:
General Manager State Bank of India Central Recruitment & Promotion Department Atlanta Building, 3rd Floor, BBR, Nariman Point Mumbai – 400 021(Maharashtra)
SBI Specialist Officers Exam Test Centers:
The exam will held at various centers of Ahmadabad Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar Chandigarh, Chennai Dehradun Ernakulam Guwahati, Hyderabad Jammu, Jaipur Kolkata Lucknow Madurai, Mumbai Nagpur, New Delhi Patna, Pune Ranchi, Raipur Trivandrum Varanasi, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam