Railway Technical Cadre Exam – Railway Technical Cadre Exam acronym as RTCG is conducted every year by the different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) situated across the country for the recruitment of the technical cadre in the Indian railways on national basis to admit young candidates in Indian Railways. RRB’s are responsibile for Railway Recruitment in India. Due to its National level approach this Railway Exam is taken by most of the eligible aspirants on the priority basis.
Railway Technical Cadre Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification Educational qualification for the various post in Technical departments include civil, technical and mechanical engineering, signaling and telecom, and several others dealing with similar disciplines vary with the post. 2. Age The aspiring candidates should be between the age group of 18 years to 27 years.
Railway Technical Cadre Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus for the written examination is generally in conformity with the educational standards and technical qualifications prescribed for the requisite posts. The main contents of the exam are:-
- General English
- General Arithmetic
- Analytical and Quantitative Skills and
- General Knowledge and
- Knowledge in the subjects covered as part of minimum educational/technical qualification for the posts
Railway Technical Cadre Exam Pattern:
The written examination consists of one sitting of about 90 minutes duration. The questions for the Aptitude Test are mainly to test perception, analytical and reasoning power of the candidates relevant to the safety categories. If the number of applicants is large, qualifying tests are held in two stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- For a very few specific categories, the written exam is followed by Either a verbal (oral) test, or A skills test
- For categories related to operational safety, the basic written test is followed by A psychological test
- After these selection procedures medical examinations of the candidates is conducted and, a panel of names is then recommended for the requirement, depending on the number of vacancies.
Railway Technical Cadre Exam Test Centres Most of the major cities of the Countries are made the test centers of this exam. For further and detailed information one can see the advertisement in the Employment News.
How to Apply for Railway Technical Cadre Exam Candidates can apply for these Railway Recruitment Exams in India, through the application forms published in the daily Newspapers or Employment News by the respective RRBs.