RPF Sub-Inspectors/Constables Exam – RPF Sub-Inspectors / Constables Exam acronym as RPF (Railway Protection Force) exam is conducted every year by the different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) situated across the country for the recruitment of unmarried Indian male eligible candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspectors and Constables Sub- Inspector in the Executive Branch and Fire Service Branch. Due to its National level approach this test is taken by most of the eligible aspirants on the priority basis.
RPF Sub-Inspectors/Constables Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification: Educational qualification varies for the various posts in the RPF as given below: .
♦ For Executive Branch:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized University is the requisite qualification
♦ For Fire Service Branch:
The candidate must have passed Intermediate/Higher Secondary (10+2) with Science and Sub. Officers Course or its equivalent Diploma in Science or Fire Fighting
♦ For Constables: High School or equivalent.
- The aspirant should be between 20 and 25 years for Sub-Inspectors.
- For the post of constable the candidate should be 18 to 25 years for Constables.
- Relaxation of upper age limit is as per rules.
- Physical Requirements for RPF Sub Inspectors / Constables
- Height Minimum: 165 cms (160 cms for SC/150cms for ST/165 for Ex-S)
- Height Minimum for Females: 157 cms for General/SC/ST/OBC
- Chest Minimum: 80 cms (76.2 cms for SC/ST) with expansion of 5 Cms
- Weight Minimum: 50 kg for SC and 48 kg for ST.
Note: Height of Gorkhas, Garhwalis, Kumaonese, etc., shall not be less than 160 cms (155 cms for females).
RPF Recruitment Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus of the written test conducted for the candidates to appear in the RPF Exam conducted by the Central Selection Board is as follows
|General Knowledge Syllabus||Objective type Questions on past/current affairs, History, Geography, Hindi, Mathematics and Science.||100||1 Hr.|
|General English Syllabus||Questions will be set on Grammar, Précis Writing, Correction of Sentences, Annotation of selected Paragraphs/Poems, etc.||50||1 Hr.|
|Essay Writing Syllabus||Essay can be written either in English or in Hindi in 300 words.||50||1 Hr.|
Railway Protection Force Recruitment Exam Pattern
- Sub-Inspectors in Executive Branch and Fire Service Branch For Sub-Inspectors in Executive Branch and Fire Service Branch, the exam pattern comprises of three stages of selection process:
- Stage I – Physical Fitness
- Stage II – Preliminary Efficiency Test
- Stage III – Written Test
Candidates who fulfill the prescribed standards of height and chest are eligible to appear in the Preliminary test. Those who qualify the Preliminary Efficiency test will have to appear in the written test. The Preliminary Efficiency Test (PET) and Written Tests will be held at the Examination Centres of the Zonal Railways. 2. For Constables
- Stage I – Physical Efficiency Test
- Stage II – Written Test
- Stage III – Viva voce/Interview
Those candidates who qualify the Physical Efficiency Test have to undertake the written test comprising of General Knowledge and Current Affairs, IQ and Essay. Candidates who qualify will be called for Viva voce or interview. After going through the selection process the successful candidates are subject to medical examination. They must possess normal vision without glasses. Candidates having flat feet knock knee, squint eye or any other bodily defect shall not be eligible for appointment.
RPF Exam Test Centres:
Most of the major cities of the Countries are made the test centers of this exam. For further and detailed information one can see the advertisement in the Employment News.
Where and how to Apply for RPF Recruitment Exam?
Candidates can apply for the Technical Cadre Examination of Railway recruitment Boards in India, through the application forms published in the daily Newspapers or Employment News by the respective RRBs.