MBA Entrance Exams are conducted all over all India, every year get admission into one of the top management colleges / institutes. These are also referred as Management Entrance Exams/tests. In some Reputed Management Institutes like IIM’s etc., 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management is awarded which is considered equivalent to 2 years management degree. Management test papers are set with the aim to find out the standard of knowledge, the aptitude of the candidate and his or her ability to take admission in a management program.
MBA Entrance Exams Eligibility:-
The minimum requirements for almost all institutes to seek admission to their Master’s Degree / Post-Graduate Diploma in Management are –
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved categories). OR
- Appearing at the final-year examination of a minimum three years duration of a Bachelor’s Degree, in any discipline of a statutory university in India (so recognized by the Association of Indian Universities) OR
- Post-Graduate candidates having at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) in either their Bachelor’s or Post-Graduate Degrees.
Note : Some institutes also require that applicants have 50% at 10th and/or 12th level. Some also have higher eligibility percentages (55-60%) at graduation level.
|List of MBA Entrance Exams|
|AIMA MAT – AIMA Management Aptitude Test|
|ATMA – AIMS Test for Management Admissions Entrance Exam|
|AMU MBA Entrance Exam – Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Exam|
|AIMA RMAT – All India Management Association Research Management Aptitude Test|
|AIMA UGAT – All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test|
|AU MBA Entrance Exam – Allahabad University MBA Entrance Exam|
|AIMT Entrance Exam – Army Institute of Management & Technology Entrance Exam|
|BVU B-MAT – Bharati Vidyapeeth University Management Aptitude Test|
|CUMAT – Calicut University Management Aptitude Test|
|CENTAC MBA ET – Centralized Admission Committee MBA Entrance Test|
|CAT – Common Admission Test|
|CMAT – Common Management Admission Test|
|D Y Patil MBA CET – D Y Patil Master of Business Administration Common Entrance Exam|
|DAVUMET – Dayanand Anglo Vadic University MBA Eligibility Test|
|FDDI AIST – Footwear Design & Development Institute All India Selection Test|
|GMAT – Graduate Management Admission Test|
|GCET – Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|GNDU GMET – Guru Nanak Dev University Management Entrance Test|
|GJUST HSB MBA Entrance Exam – Haryana School of Business MBA Entrance Exam|
|HP CMAT – Himachal Pradesh Combined Management Aptitude Test|
|IBSAT – ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test|
|IITD – IITD Department of Management Studies Exam|
|IIBF – Indian Institute of Banking & Finance Exam|
|IIFT Entrance Exam – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam|
|IIFT MBA Entrance Exam–Indian Institute of Foreign Trade MBA Entrance Exam|
|IIM EMAT – Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode Executive Management Aptitude Test|
|IITTM Admission Test – Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management Admission Test|
|IMU-CET(MBA) – Indian Maritime University Combined Entrance Test|
|IGNOU OPENMAT – Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test|
|IGTC Entrance Exam – Indo German Training Centre Entrance Exam|
|IRMA – Institute of Rural Management Entrance Exam|
|JBIMS – Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies Entrance Exam|
|JNTU MBA Entrance Exam – Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University MBA Entrance Exam|
|JEMAT – Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test|
|KMAT – Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|KAUMAT – Kerala Agricultural University Management Aptitude Test|
|KIITEE Management Exam – KIITEE Management Entrance Exam|
|LUMAT – Lucknow University Management Aptitude Test|
|MAH CET – Maharashtra CET for MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDBA|
|MDI PGPM PT Entrance Exam – Management Development Institute PGPM PT Entrance Exam|
|MICAT – Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad Admission Test|
|NMET – NALSAR Management Entrance Test|
|NMAT – Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test|
|NICMAR Entrance Exam – National Institute of Construction Management and Research Entrance Exam|
|NIRD Entrance Exam – National Institute of Rural Development Entrance Exam|
|NIPER JEE – NIPER Joint Entrance Exam|
|NUIM – Nirma University Institute of Management Exam|
|PU MBA (Off Campus) Entra – Panjab University MBA (Off Campus) Entrance Exam|
|PIM MAT – Podar Institute of Management Aptitude Test|
|PIMR – Prestige Institute of Management and Research Entrance Exam|
|PTU Nalanda Entrance Test – Punjab Technical University Nalanda Entrance Test|
|PU MET – Punjab University Management Entrance Test|
|RMAT – Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test|
|SPJAT – S P Jain School of Global Management Aptitude Test|
|SVP MAT – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Management Aptitude Test|
|SRCC PGD GBO Entrance Exam– Shri Ram College of Commerce Post Graduate Diploma in Global Business Operations Entrance Exam|
|SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test|
|TANCET – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (MBA)|
|TSICET – Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test|
|UPESMET – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Management Entrance Test|
|VIT MBA Entrance Exam – Vellore Institute of Technology MBA Entrance Exam|
|XAT – Xavier Aptitude Test|
|XL RAPT – Xavier Labour Research Institute Research Aptitude Test|
|IIIT – Indian Institute of Information Technology Entrance Exam (Discontinued)|
|XIMB – Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar Entrance Exam (Discontinued)|
MBA Entrance Exams Application Procedure
- Most institutes advertise in all leading newspapers giving information on details regarding prospectus and application forms. On receipt of duly filled application forms, the institutes issue test admit cards which entitles the candidate to take the entrance test.
- The Prospectus for various institutes are priced anywhere between Rs. 300/- to Rs. 1000/-. Most of the institutes include the examination fee in this price. However some may ask for additional amount as examination fee. It is advisable for students to plan out in advance with regards to exam preferences and fill up only those forms as the cost of entering in these exams is high.
MBA Entrance Exams Pattern:-
These may vary from Institute to Institute. Some have no Group Discussions and some include unrehearsed speech.
- Written Test – The first phase of selection of candidates for admission to the Masters / Post-Graduate Diploma in Management is on the basis of their performance in a Written Test. This seeks to test the aptitude of the candidates in four major areas – Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Business Data Interpretation. Some institutes also ask Business and General Awareness questions while some may include an essay writing section.
- Qualitative Assessment – After the entrance exam every institute shortlists candidates for qualitative assessment which mainly includes two stages.
- Group Discussion.
- Personal Interview.
This stage of selection evaluates a candidates Leadership abilities, grasping power, analytical thought process, communication skills and other personality attributes.
Final selection is based on assessment based on marks in the written exam, the Group Discussions and Personal Interview. Work experience is given additional weightage at most of the institutes.