Law Entrance Exams are conducted on an All India basis as well as on Institution/University basis. Different law Universities and law colleges in India conduct different law entrance exams to admit students to their courses. The Bar Council of India controls Legal Education in India. It has laid down standards in terms of system, classroom teaching, practical training and skills, court visits, moot court, legal aid work, and other practical training programmes for law students.
There are two levels of Law Entrance Exams:
- Undergraduate Entrance Exam
- Post Graduate Entrance Exam
|List of Law Entrance Exams|
|AIBE – All India Bar Exam|
|AILET – All India Law Entrance Test|
|APLAWCET – Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test|
|AIL Entrance Test – Army Institute of Law Entrance Test|
|BHU BLAT – Banaras Hindu University B.A.LL.B.(Hons) Admission Test|
|BHU UET for LLB – BHU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Kerala 3 Years LLB Entrance – Commissionerate of Entrance Examinations Kerala 3 Years LLB Entrance Exam|
|CLAT – Common Law Entrance Test|
|KLEE – Government of Kerala Law Entrance Exam|
|GNLU – Gujarat National Law University Entrance Exam|
|ITLA – ICFAI Test for Law Admissions|
|IIT Kharagpur RAT – Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Research Aptitude Test|
|LSAT – Law School Admission Test On 15-May-2016|
|NLSIU – National Law School of India University Entrance Exam|
|NLUO Admission Test – National Law University Orissa Admission Test|
|PU B.A/B.Com LL.B Entranc – Panjab University B.A/B.Com LL.B (Hons) Entrance Exam|
|PU LLB Entrance Exam – Panjab University LLB Entrance Exam|
|Patna University BLET – Patna University Bachelor of Law Entrance Exam|
|RULET – Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test|
|SET – Symbiosis International University Entrance Exam|
|TSLAWCET – Telangana Common Law Entrance Test|
|UPES ULSAT – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Legal Studies Aptitude Test|
|UTU CLAT – Uttarakhand Technical University Common Law Entrance Test|
|NLU NET Exam – National Law University Jodhpur National Entrance Test Discontinued|
|NUJS – W.B. National University of Juridical Studies Entrance Exam Discontinued|
Law Entrance Exam Eligibility: –
- Education – Minimum qualification is 10+2 (% depends on University / Institute)
- Age – Should not be more than 20 years of age on 1st July, 2009 (22 years in case of SC/ST/OBC/Handicapped)
Law Entrance Examination Pattern and Admission Process
- There are several other law course entrance exams held in India for admission into other law colleges. The paper pattern more or less is similar.
- The Law Entrance Exam is objective type in nature. Questions can come from any field, science, finance, history, law, just about anything.
- The questions invariably cover areas like Reasoning, General Awareness, Numerical Aptitude, Legal Aptitude and Preliminary Political Science.
- In most of the institutes/universities, selection is on the basis of an entrance test.