Indian Navy Soldier Metric Entry Recruitment Exam – Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam is conducted twice in a year for recruiting personnel to the naval wing (Indian Navy) of Defense force.
Indian Navy Soldier Metric Entry Recruitment Exam Eligibility: –
- Educational Qualification Aspiring candidates should have passed the Matriculation / equivalent examination preferably with Science and Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Candidates with less than 55% marks in Matriculation / equivalent examination will be eligible only if they have secured 55% or more marks in aggregate in a higher board examination with Science and Mathematics.
2. Age Male candidates belonging to the age group of 17 to 20 years are eligible.
3. Nationality A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
4. Marital Status:
Unmarried Indian male citizens are eligible.
- Physical Standard:
- Minimum Height of the candidates must be 157 cm.
- Chest Measurement: Candidates should have a well developed chest with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Weight: Candidates must have a weight proportionate to their height and age.
- Vision: Without glasses 6/12 and with glasses one eye 6/9 and other 6/12. Color Perception: CP II.
- General Health: The candidate must have good mental and physical health, free of all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection. No history of fits or psychiatric ailment will be allowed.
Indian Navy Soldier Metric Entry Recruitment Exam Syllabus:
Selections for the Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam are made on the basis of a written test divided into four sections:
- English and
- General Knowledge.
Indian Navy Soldier Metric Entry Recruitment Exam Pattern:
Questions in these tests will be of Objective Type and bilingual, i.e., in Hindi and English. The Test is of 60 minutes duration and the questions asked will be of the Matriculation standard. The written test will be followed by a Physical Fitness Test comprising of a one mile (1.6 km) run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak-Baithak) and 10 push-ups. Based on their performance in the Written Examination, the Physical Fitness Test and the Medical Test, candidates will be selected for enrollment as Indian Navy Sailors.
Indian Navy Soldier Metric Entry Recruitment Exam Test Centres:
The Exam will be held at the following Centres:
Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizwal, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalooroo, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kolkata, Thiruvanathapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Tirupati, Delhi, Madurai, Udaipur, Dharwad, Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Dispur , Nagpur.