Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam – Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam is conducted twice a year for recruiting personnel to the Indian Navy, one of the branches of the Indian Armed Forces responsible for conducting naval operations in India. The short listed candidates are imparted the required training before absorbing in the force as Dockyard Apprentices in following trades:
- Mechanic Diesel
- Crane Operator
- Ref and Air condition Mechanic
- Shipwright and Maintenance Mechanic
- Non-Designated: Engine Fitter, Ship Fitter, Radar Fitter, Machinery Control Fitter, Sonar Fitter, Electronic Fitter, GT Fitter.
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification Aspiring candidates who have passed the Matriculation / equivalent examination preferably with Science are eligible to apply for the Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam.
- Age Male candidates belonging to the age group of 14 to 19 years are eligible (relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates )
- Nationality A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. 4. Marital Status Unmarried Indian male citizens are eligible.
- Physical Standard:
- Minimum Height of the candidates must be 150 cm.
- Chest Measurement: Candidates should have a well developed chest with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Weight: Maximum Weight of the candidates must not exceed 50 kilograms.
- General Health: The candidate must be free of all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection.
How to apply for Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam?
Applications as per the Performa given in the advertisement in the employment news along with the requisite fee and necessary documents must reach the nearest HQ Rtg Zone or as advertised in the Newspapers or Employment News.
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam Syllabus:
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam Consists of questions from:
- Mathematics and
- General Awareness
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam Pattern:
Selections for the Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam are made on the basis of a written test divided into two parts. The First Paper contains questions on Mathematics consisting of the questions from: Number system, Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers, Commutative, Associative and Distributive law, Fundamental operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division),Square root, Decimal fractions, Unitary method (application to simple and compound interest), Time and Distance, Time and Work, Percentages, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Areas and Volumes, Factors, Problems and Equations on Algebra.
The Second Paper contains questions on General Knowledge from: Abbreviations, Books and Authors, Facts about India and the World, Sports, Awards and Prizes, Everyday Science, and short notes on various subjects in 100 words. Each Paper is of 2.5 hours duration and carries maximum marks of 100. Based on their performance in the written examination, candidates will be called for interview at Delhi, Mumbai, Calcutta and Bangalore. Final selections will be made on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the final interview, after which they will be sent to Naval Dockyard School.
Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam Test Centres:
Most of the major cities of the Countries are made the test centers of this exam. Some of them are:
Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizwal, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalooroo, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kolkata, Thiruvanathapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Tirupati, Delhi, Madurai, Udaipur, Dharwad, Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Dispur , Nagpur.