Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam – Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam acronym as INA is conducted twice in a year generally in the month of June and December on national basis to admit young candidates in Navy. Due to its National level approach this test is taken by most of the defense services aspirants on the priority basis.
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification Matriculation or equivalent with Science and Mathematics as main subjects with 60% or above marks in aggregate. Candidates with less than 60% marks in Matric may also be recruited if they have secured 55% or more marks in aggregate in a higher board examination with Science and Maths as the main subjects.
- Age Aspiring candidates should be between the age group of 15 years to 18 years.
- Nationality A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
4. Marital Status Unmarried Indian citizens are eligible.
5. Physical Standard
- Minimum height: 157 cm.
- Minimum eye standard: Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse 6/9.
- Color perception: CP II.
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam Syllabus:
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam consists of the following four sections
- English: Comprehension, transformation of simple sentences, punctuation, tenses and parts of speech.
- Science: Universe, Electricity, Gravitation,us o Newton’s laws, Simple Harmonic Motion, Work and Energy, Heat, Light, Nuclear Energy,|State of Matter, Chemical bonding, Metals and Non-metals, Carbon and its compounds: Health and Nutrition, Physiology.
- Mathematics: Algebraic identities, Surds, Linear and simultaneous equations, Basic Trigonometry and Geometry, Menstruation, Quadratic equations, Set theory, Polynomials and Exponents.
- General Knowledge: Who’s Who, Sports, Entertainment, Indian History and Geography, Discoveries and Inventions. Elementary Knowledge of Computers.
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam Pattern:
The question paper will be bilingual, consisting of the objective questions in above given four sections of 75 minutes. The standard of the questions will be of matriculation level.
Physical Fitness: All the aspiring candidates has to undergo a mandatory physical test and have to qualify in it to be eligible.
- One-mile (1.6 km) runs to be completed witnin 7 minutes.
- 20 squats (Up-Downs).
- 10 push-ups.
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam Test Centres:
Most of the major cities of the Countries are made the test centers of this exam.
The Examination will be held at the following Centres:
Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizwal, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalooroo, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kolkata, Thiruvanathapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Tirupati, Delhi, Madurai, Udaipur, Dharwad, Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Dispur, Nagpur.