IBPS PO Exam – A Common Written Examination acronym as IBPS PO CWE is conducted twice in a year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection as a pre-requisite for selection of candidates for the post of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee in the 20 below mentioned Public Sector Banks. This test has been approved by each of the 20 participating Public Sector Banks along with Managing Committee of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) with the consent of the Government of India.
- Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, Central Bank of India
- Dena Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank, IDBI Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
IBPS PO Exam Eligibility:
Educational Qualification The candidate must possess a degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Age Limits The aspiring candidates should not be below 20 years and above 30 years in the respective year. Relaxation in upper age limit is as per rules for specified categories including SC/ST/OBC etc.
A candidate must be either:-
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern:
IBPS PO Exam Consists of Written Examination comprises of Objective Test and Descriptive Test followed by GD/Personality Test details of which is furnished hereunder:
- Objective Test
Objective Test consisting of Test of Reasoning, Test of English Language, Test of Quantitative Aptitude, Test of General Awareness, Test of Computer Knowledge.
|S.No||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|4||General Awareness (Related to Banking Industry)||50||50|
The candidates shall be required to qualify in each objective test as per the cut-off marks determined by individual banks. There will be negative marks for every wrong answer ie, one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
- Descriptive Test:
|English Composition||Marks||Maximum Marks (Weightage)||Time Allowed|
|Essay, Précis, Letter writing, etc.||50||25 Marks||60 Minutes|
Note: The question paper for above test both Objective and Descriptive except the Test of English Language and Descriptive Paper will be printed bilingual i.e English and Hindi. Bank will decide the minimum cut-off marks for each test as well as Total Weight age Marks.
Depending on the number of number of vacancies, such of those candidates who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit in the written test as per the cut off marks decided by the Bank will only be called for the interview.
Group Discussion and/ or Interview: Successful candidates are called for group discussion and personal interview. After GD and PI, mark of all sections ie written GD, and PI added to decide the final score and shortlist the candidates.
IBPS PO Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus of Bank Clerical Grade Exams such as State bank of India (SBI) and its associate Banks and other nationalized banks of India is as follows:
1. Test of Reasoning:
This test would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
2. Test of English Language:
This is a test to see how well you know English. English language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, etc.
3. Test of Numerical Ability:
Questions will be designed to test the ability of arithmetical computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and relationship between numbers. The questions would be based on arithmetical concepts and relationship between numbers and not on complicated arithmetical computations.
4. Test of General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
In this section question are asked related to basic concepts of computer and basic General Awareness and current affairs.
IBPS PO Exam Cut Off Score:
Each candidate will have to secure a minimum standard score in each of the tests as well as on the Total Weighted Standard Score to be called for interview. The cut-off points to qualify in each of the tests will be decided based on the average (Average – ¼ Standard Deviation for General category candidates and Average – ¾ Standard Deviation for Reserved Category candidates). Mere passing in individual tests may not be sufficient as candidates should also score sufficiently high on Total in order of merit to be called for interview.
Note: A candidate should qualify both in the CWE and interview for being considered for appointment in vacancies announced and anticipated by Participating Banks.
IBPS PO Exam Application Fee:
Rs.450 and Rs.50 for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates. Bank Transaction charges for Offline/ Online Payment of fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges either through the ONLINE mode or the OFFLINE mode.
How to Apply for IBPS PO Exam?
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the relevant link.
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature .
IBPS PO Exam Centres:
The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India.