I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam – I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam is conducted twice in a year generally in the month of April/May and August/September on national basis to admit young candidates in IAF as Education Branch as Instructors. Due to its National level approach this test is taken by most of the defense services aspirants on the priority basis.
I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam Eligibility:
- Educational Qualification A candidate should have passed B.A.(English/Physics/Computer science with 50% marks and B.Ed. or M.A.(English) / M.Sc. (Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science) with minimum of IInd class.
- Age Aspiring candidate should be between 20 to 25 years for the candidates having B.A./B.Sc. with B.Ed. as the qualification & 20 to 28 years for the candidates having M.A./M.Sc. as the qualification.
- Nationality A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
4. Marital Status: Unmarried Indian citizens are eligible.
5. Physical Standard:
- Minimum Height: 152.5 cm
- Chest Requirements:
- Minimum expanded chest be 75 cm
- Minimum range of expansion 5 cm
- Vision Acuity: At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses or 6/6 in better eye and 6/36 in worse eye with glasses.
- Generally free from all communicable diseases.
- No cardiovascular, surgical deformities or active infection of the ears.
- No history of fits or psychiatric ailment.
I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam Syllabus:
This I.A.F. Exam consists of the following two sections
- English: Comprehension, transformation of simple sentences, punctuation, tenses and parts of speech.
- Intelligence and General Knowledge: Who’s Who, Sports, Entertainment, Indian History and Geography, Discoveries and Inventions. Elementary Knowledge of Computers.
I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam Pattern:
IAF written test comprising of objective Type questions in English, Current Affairs and General Awareness. Those who qualify this test will be given another test in English comprising an essay and precise writing. Successful candidates will undergo Interview on the same day. Results will be declared on the same day and the successful candidates have to immediately appear in a Trade Allocation Test.
How to apply for I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam?
Application should be sent to the President, Central Airmen Selection Board, Post Box No. 3004, New Delhi-110003.
I.A.F. Airman (Education Instructors Trade) Exam Test Centres:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Port Blair